Parent Survey Results
Each Year, Emmaus Lutheran Schools surveys the parents to get input about the overall school program. The results are summarized and evaluated to help improve program, enrichment classes, facilities and staffing. Emmaus wants to hear from its parents and clientele in order to drive positive change, but also recognizes that it cannot please everyone. We appreciate the feedback that the survey provides, as it gives a different perspective about the great things that happen at Emmaus Lutheran School.
In addition to the Annual Parent Survey, Emmaus also has a suggestion box, located in the church office (by Ms. Julie’s desk). Parents are welcomed to leave both positive feedback or constructive cricism in the box. A Board of School Ministries member checks the box on a regular basis and provides the information to the appropriate people.
As a result of last year’s parent survey (see results below), a few of the highlighted changes are highlighted:
- Spanish Class was instituted in all grade levels (K-8)
- A new school wide mobile App was initiated, making it easier for parents to keep current on campus happenings and act as another means of communication with teachers.
- A new website was initiated, with a user-friendly format.
- All teachers have new web pages.
- EDC added extra time for academics, for those who wish to have extra.
- Tutoring (Homework Help) continues to be part of the after-school enrichment classes.
- Emmaus continues to review textbooks and supplementary materials for the classes.
- Emmaus Lutheran Church continues to make upgrades on its campus and the facilities.
- Last year, the completion of the front parking lot renovation was a major undertaking.
- New lighting in the parking lot was also completed.
- Roofs and air conditioning units are being replaced as needed.
- A new janitorial service was hired to better clean restrooms and classrooms.
- Hello Kitchen has made some changes to the menu, giving more variety for student lunches.
- Exploration of Saturday classes is being reviewed for fall 2018.
- Guitar was added as an enrichment class for fall 2018
Data from the Spring 2017 Parent Survey:
PARENT SURVEY 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
EMMAUS LUTHERAN SCHOOL
ENROLLMENT K-8: 151 students
PARENT PARTICIPATION IN SURVEY: 67
#1 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Highest participation by grade: 1st grade 20%
- Second highest: 7tth grade 18%
#2 REASONS FOR ENROLLMENT
- Spiritual foundation – 63%
- Social preparation – 40% strongly agree
- Academic reputation – 16% strongly agree
#3 SUBJECT REVIEW – Doing a good job
- Language arts – 70 % strongly agree
21 % agree
- Mathematics – 23 % strongly agree
63 % agree
- Science – 21 % strongly agree
57 % agree
#4 INTEREST IN TEACHING SPANISH
57% strongly agree
#5 PROVISION OF REASONABLE AND APPROPRIATE HOMEWORK
27% strongly agree
#6 TEACHER INTERACTION
- Open communication, easy to talk with teachers
56% strongly agree
- Teachers are dedicated to helping students
52% strongly agree
- Teachers respond to parent questions and concerns
54% strongly agree
- Emphasis on academic activities
13% strongly agree
#8 Tutoring availability
62% Language arts
#9 Textbooks and supplemental material current and in good condition
25% strongly agree
#10 Current technology program
9% strongly agree
6% strongly disagree
#11 Pleasing classroom environment
37% strongly agree
Facilities well maintained
33% strongly agree
#12 Providing healthy lunches
57% strongly agree
#13 School priorities match parental priorities
37% strongly agree
#14 Extracurricular activities (drama, music, chess, art, sports) are important.
42% strongly agree
#15 Outside activities beyond academics away from school are valued
73% strongly agree
#16 Parental assistance with homework is important
31% strongly agree
2% strongly disagree
#17 Satisfaction with standardized testing scores
22% strongly agree
#18 Interested in Saturday classes in Math or Language arts
26% strongly agree
11% strongly disagree
#19 Provision of additional resources and study-aids
19% strongly agree