Welcome to Emmaus Lutheran School
Greetings from your Principal…
Welcome to the Emmaus Lutheran School website. This website is both for our current families and for our prospective families. Emmaus Lutheran School has existed since 1941, celebrating over 75 years of quality education to the San Gabriel Valley community. With qualified teachers, a long-standing and well established academic program, a large and successful alumni, several programs to enhance and promote a well-rounded education, and a beautiful, six plus acre campus, Emmaus gives students a solid spiritual, academic and confident foundation that will help them become life-long learners and successful Christian adults in the 21st Century. Having two children myself, I understand the value of finding the right school for your child. I hope that you find that Emmaus Lutheran will exceed your every expectation. I would love to personally show you around our campus, and have an opportunity to tell you more about our programs. Emmaus Lutheran is a family–large enough to allow students choices, but small enough to know our students and meet our students’ individual academic, social, physical and spiritual needs. Please call me to schedule an appointment or allow me to answer your questions. email@example.com or 626) 289-3664 X105. We have translators available if needed.
Mrs. Kit Hittinger, Principal
The Escalator is the monthly publication that connects the church, the school and the preschool–one ministry–one family. Inside its details, information about upcoming events, pertinent details, activities and joys will be shared as we all work together to further God’s Kingdom.
Emmaus Lutheran School has an app for your convenience!
The Emmaus Lutheran School app will give you up to the minute information on what is happening on campus, quick and convenient access to your teachers and classroom pages, links to Gradelink and the Emmaus Google calendars, and much more.
Good in both iOS and Android format, you can download it for free!
You’ll be glad you did!
In case you didn’t make it to church, you can still see what’s happening in the upcoming weeks.
EAT OUT NIGHT
Monday, 28 January 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
End of Midquarter 3
Friday, 01 February 2019
MINIMUM DAY EDC Open/NO Hot Lunch/Free Dress
Friday, 01 February 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Virtual Applying Reports #2: Student Growth and Goal Setting
Friday, 01 February 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Below is the information required to connect to the Virtual Applying Reports: Student Growth and Goal Setting session on February 1, 2019 from 1-3pm PST. Please ensure that the Adobe® Connect™ meeting room URL is forwarded to participants so they can log in from their personal laptops.
We will be meeting via telephone and online in Adobe Connect.
Conference Line: 844-758-2736
Conference Passcode: 6300 7896 49
Please enter the room as "Guest" and type your name. On the main computer, select option #3 to use computer audio. On participant computers, please select option #2 (says dial-in) to automatically mute computer microphones and speakers.
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* test your connection: http://nwea.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
* get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
Please complete before the virtual session:
* The Professional Learning Overview is attached. It describes the learning goals for the session and how participants can prepare for a successful professional learning experience.
* Print the handouts for your session (one for each participant), which are available for download on the Virtual Applying Reports resource Padlet®. The handout is also attached. This is a valuable resource for participants as they explore and process the content and work with their MAP Growth data.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to “seeing” you soon!
Professional Learning Consultant
ADDRESS 121 NW Everett Street, Portland, OR 97209
$1 Dress Day
Friday, 08 February 2019
NO School--EDC Open
Friday, 15 February 2019
CAMPUS CLOSED--NO EDC--Presidents' Holiday
Sunday, 17 February 2019
Friday, 22 February 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
EAT OUT NIGHT
Monday, 25 February 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
$1 Dollar Dress Day
Friday, 01 March 2019
What does Emmaus value?
Emmaus Lutheran School and Preschool, after careful consideration of its overall values and goals of its program, has established the Comet Commitments–Christ, Curriculum, Character & Community:
CHRIST–The head of everything we do
1. Students learn and apply Bible Truth
2. Students develop their faith through daily living, devotions, daily prayer, worship, music and drama
CURRICULUM–Academic Success for the Future
1. Students read, write and calculate guided by California and Federal curriculum standards in the areas of Math, Science, History, Language Arts, Fine Arts, and Physical Wellness.
2. Students develop communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills in all curricular areas.
CHARACTER–Establishing behaviors that shape adulthood qualities
1. Students demonstrate respect and responsibility toward others.
2. Students show leadership, sportsmanship, and cooperation through a variety of experiences.
COMMUNITY–Giving back to our communities for life
1. Students serve others within the school community and beyond.
2. Students participate in campus events that reach out to the community